Still on My Mind #7

Still on My Mind is a weekly meme, featured on Thursday, started by Haley over at Ya-Aholic, where you discuss a book you've either recently read, or read over the past few years, that's still on your mind.

For this week's Still on My Mind I have decided to choose a book that I absolutely loved!  Something that was very rare about this book was that it was a sequel, and I loved it even more than the first!
How often is it that a SEQUEL is even better than the first??!! I mean don't get me wrong I really liked the first novel, but there was something about the sequel that was just so beautiful! Whether it was the super hot musician main character, or the heartbreaking story...I personally think it was both...but it was just amazing, and reasons why this book is on my top 10 all time favorite books of all time. 

I actually got to meet Gayle Forman in April, and she was so sweet! You can read about my experience HERE!

So anyway, here's this weeks Still on My Mind:
Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)

Description from Goodreads:
It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.

Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.

This was such a beautiful novel! Absolutely stunning!  I 100% recommend Gayle Forman series to everyone! BUT WARNING!!! You will cry!!!!!
The Romance Bookie :)

Comments

  1. Bahahaha great choice! I haven't read this one, but I have read If I Stay, by Gayle and it was just so heartbreakingly beautiful! I have no doubt I'll love this one as well. And OMG I cant believe you got to meet her! LUCKY!! Awesome choice, sweetie!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved If I Stay, but I have yet to read this one. Now I really have to make time to read it. Here is the link to my post: http://writtenbybrittan.blogspot.com/2012/06/still-on-my-mind-3.html .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick