Why Couldn't these Have been Books Before Movies?? Part 2

Hey everyone!
So this Part 2 of Why Couldn't These Have Been Books Before Movies?? (Part 1 is Here). 

I have SOOOO many favorite movies, and even though among them many were based on books when they were made into a movie, quite a few of them were not. 

This week features a movie that is on my list of ALL-TIME Favorite Movies!!  But I think I'm going to leave it for last...:)

  • Valentine's Day: Directed by Garry Marshall (the director of The Princess Diaries and Pretty Woman), featuring an internationally known cast, including Anne Hathaway, Julia Roberts, Hector Elizondo (all actors that have been in past Marshall films), Jennifer Garner, Taylor Lautner, Patrick Dempsey, Ashton Kutcher, and Taylor Swift.

Description (From imdb):
Intertwining couples and singles in Los Angeles break-up and make-up based on the pressures and expectations of Valentine's Day. 

My thoughts: I really like Garry Marshall's films.  I thought this one was felt really realistic, had a great cast (I must be honest though, even though I absolutely love Taylor Swift, I wasn't a huge fan of her acting in this one...), and I loved the overall concept of how people feel on Valentine's Day.  There were so many views featured, and I felt everyone could relate to at least one of them.

  • The Holiday: Directed by Nancy Meyer (It's Complicated and Father of the Bride), featuring Kate Winslet, Cameron Diaz, Jack Black, and Jude Law.
 Description (From imdb):
Two women troubled with guy-problems swap homes in each other's countries, where they each meet a local guy and fall in love. 
My thoughts: 
I LOVE this movie!! I love that Jack Black and Kate Winslet ended up together! I love Jude Law's AMAZINGLY HOT accent, and I loved the overall story idea!  Nancy Meyer's has directed some of my favorite movies that I never get tired of! :)

  • Last Holiday: Directed by Wayne Wang, featuring Queen Latifah and LL Cool J.
 Description (From imdb):
After she's diagnosed with a terminal illness, a shy woman decides to take a European vacation.

My Thoughts: I love Queen Latifah! She's made some really great movies, such as Hairspray (which I LOVE!!!), Just Wright, and then of course giving her fabulous voice to the Ice Age movies!  This movie is probably my favorite by Queen, when it comes to just her individual performance, because the story is just my kind of story! I also loved all the shots of Prague, the hotel she stayed in (Poup, lol), and the characters.  I really need to see the original though too!!!
  • And lastly!!! She's All That: Directed by: Robert Iscove, featuring Rachael Leigh Cook and Freddie Prinze Jr.
 Description (From imdb):
A high school jock makes a bet that he can turn an unattractive girl into the school's prom queen. 

My Thoughts: So this movie is one of my ALL-TIME Favorite Movies! I am not even kidding!  I loved everything about this part (minus, possibly, the whole pubic hair pizza scene...ewww!!!).  I loved Rachael Leigh Cook's character, because of her innocence and how she got that make over.  I love the story idea with its cheesiness, and romance!  Freddie Prinze Jr. Is absolutely HOT in this movie! I also loved Freddie in Head Over Heels, but I'll keep that movie for another time. :)

So that's it for this week!  I don't know when I'll be doing another one of these posts again.  Maybe next week, maybe not.  I need to think of a couple more movies.  I've got one idea so far, but we'll see! :)

Happy Monday!
The Romance Bookie :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith

Marriage Vacation by Pauline Turner Brooks (aka Jo Piazza)

The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick